How is it already April? The world is in a weird place, but hey, at least we have books to accompany us.
hello, my lovelies!
It is that time of the month to share my tbr for the next month! If you saw my March tbr, you would have seen this ambitious list of books with no guidance. My monthly tbrs are typically too long to achieve. For April, I want to be a lot more reasonable and have a list that is achievable. I aimed for 8 books for the month but added 2 more because I can still fit them into the month. I am hoping to eventually add descriptions of the books, so I will not do so during this post.
Now, to the books!
- Wicked Saints and Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy: 1 & 2) by Emily A. Duncan – Wicked Saints was my favorite book of 2019 and I love it so much. I read it in November and fell in love with everything it had to offer me. My most anticipated release and sequel of the year, Ruthless Gods, comes out in 2 weeks and I cannot wait! I will be rereading Wicked Saints for the 3rd time and then into the sequel! More Wicked Saints content coming during release week.
- Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices Trilogy: 2) by Cassandra Clare – I did not expect to love Clockwork Angel as much as I did. Compared to City of Bones, it is like night and day! Clockwork Angel was a delight and I cannot wait to jump into the sequel.
- Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From by Jennifer De Leon – I received an ARC of this in a Goodreads giveaway. I am curious to see how this is played out and how the topic is dealt with.
- Chasing Lucky by Jenn Bennett – I also received an ARC of this in a Goodreads giveaway. I have never read a Jenn Bennett before, but I know her contemporaries are typically well-beloved. I am curious to see what I think of this. It’s on the longer side of contemporary. I am on the fence about keeping this to read.
- Bloodleaf (Bloodleaf: 1) by Crystal Smith – honestly, I keep seeing this book and its sequel pop up everywhere, so I want to check it out before the sequel comes out soon.
- Nocturna by Maya Montage – I have been wanting to read this since before it came out, but I have not gotten to it. I cannot wait to see what this book has to offer.
- We Hunt the Flame (We Hunt the Flame:1) by Hafsa Faizel – This is one of those fantasies where the plot sounds great, but it would have those long and boring travel scenes where nothing really happens and it kind of just feels like filler, but I personally love those scenes and I am interested to see how these two deal with each other when they cross paths. I am doing a buddy read for this in one of my Goodreads groups, so I will be held accountable for this read.
What are you hoping to read in April? Do you have any buddy reads? Are you doing the O.W.L.S. Magical Readathon?
Let’s talk about our upcoming reading plans down below.
see you soon,